Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:56:15 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dump -L

Victor Sudakov wrote:

> I always use "dump -L" to dump a live filesystem.
> However, when I restore the dump, I sometimes get messages like
> "foo.txt (inode 12345) not found on tape" or
> "expected next file 12345, got 23456"
>
> I thought this should _never_ happen when dumping a snapshot.
>
> What is it?

Does nobody know the answer, or am I the only one experiencing the
problem?

Here is another example:

[root@big ~] restore -b64 -rN
./spool/samba.lock/wins.dat: (inode 2829098) not found on tape
expected next file 267, got 4
expected next file 2828988, got 2828987

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN