Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:47:15 -0800
From:      Nesi Unanaowo <nesi_unanaowo@net.com>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Window manager problem.

Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 08:37:45AM -0800, Nesi Unanaowo wrote:
> > Bill Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > > vi the .xinitrc in you home directory and make sure it starts fvwm2.
> > > I will look at mine tonight.
> >
> > I am beginning to think that for some obscure reason the
> > fvwm2 is not started. I know for sure that my .xinitrc file
> > is being read because the xterms and the xclock referenced
> > are started when X is started.
> > The command that starts fvwm2 has the format: exec fvwm2
>
> Don't use exec fvwm2! Just write fvwm2
>
> > but when I searched the system for the "exec" command it came
> > up blank. It seems as if there in  no "exec" command on my system
> > which is rather strange. Might this be the problem?
> > Thanks in advance for any pointers.
> >
> > -Nesi

> --
>                            __o
> regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
> email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)

Hi folks,

My window manager problem is now history.
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions/pointers.
What happened is that  I had made a typo which I
couldn't  easily detect in the heat of battle. It was all
your suggestions that made me take a thorough look at my
startup files. Lo and behold, there it was, a "TYPO".
.fvwmrc2 instead of .fvwm2rc
Again, thanks for the help.

-Nesi