Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 12:34:40 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        riwanlky@rad.net.id
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kermit

> I want to configure my FreeBSD as ppp server, in the Handbook, it said
> about 'kermit' and its scripts
>
> I look everywhere on the cdrom, can not find it.

The kermit copyright doesn't allow Walnut Creek to put it on the
CDROM.

> I downloaded C-kermit from ftp://kermit.columbia.edu, but after I compiled
> the result is 'wermit' instead of kermit, is that what the handbook mean
> by 'kermit' or maybe someone else know where to get 'kermit' kermit

It's probably easier if you use the port to install it. If you do

# cd /usr/ports/comms/kermit
# make install

it will pull down the source by FTP, apply any patches needed for it
to work under FreeBSD, compile it, and install it for you.