Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:55:33 +0200
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@lucky.net>
To:        Craig & Tanya Gleadall <ct.gleadall@rogers.com>
Cc:        netch@netch.kiev.ua
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: pppd-2.3.11

Hi,

 Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 19:48:14, ct.gleadall wrote about "FreeBSD Port: pppd-2.3.11":

>     Is there any work happening on a port for the 'new' version of pppd 2.4.1, available at samba.org?
> If there is no work happening what level of effort is it to build from linux source?

It requires porting changes of system routines API, which happened between
system-independent level and implementation files for supported platforms
(linux, solaris...); this is rather non-trivial (it's radical, better to say).
I have no time yet to do this rewriting.

OTOH, this will give too small profit; pppd's way to implement PPTP, PPPOE, etc.
is hardly compatible with FreeBSD because it supports them (in kernel) not
with terminal line discipline, but with other mechanisms (mainly netgraph).

-netch-