Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:29:33 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partitioning

> >> No. You need one DOS partition table entry, that is (in DOS parlance)
> >> partition 1-4. This translates to FreeBSD slice 0-3.
Is this a *boot* problem for FreeBSD only, or is FreeBSD unable to put ufs
in a logical disc at all?
Is it possible to use for example /dev/ad0s9 for a FreeBSD-Filesystem?

> >Actually, current can now boot from anywhere, and I'll probably be able
> >to MFC this to 4.1

So all limitiations with regard to using logical discs in 4.0 stable will
have removed within a few weeks ? (mid of July 4.1 was announced, I think)

Regards
Siegbert