Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:06:50 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird tr output with czech locale

--=-VGS85XKxMn/qtcvM9ruO

Hi,

strange thing is happening here on two week old -CURRENT world.
This simple command:

$ echo CATALOG | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'
CATALOG

but

$ echo CATALOG | LANG=3Dcs_CZ.ISO8859-2 tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'
bA=B9Ak=F2f

Other locales works, except sk_SK fails in same way.

It used to work fine a month or two ago, I don't know exactly. It's
invoked by xmlcatmgr script. According to CVS last change in tr was 2
months ago by ache, and last change to czech collate 18 months ago.
I'm not sure what I should point my finger at.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
What do we know about love? Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet and have
a specific shape. Try to exactly define the shape of a pear.
  -- Marigold: 50 Years Of Poetry

--=-VGS85XKxMn/qtcvM9ruO
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-VGS85XKxMn/qtcvM9ruO--