Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:27:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading/CVSUPping with bad ISP connection

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, J McKitrick wrote:

> Only 10 minutes or so?  I was expecting a lot longer than that.  That's
> good to know.  I'll have to read the man pages about the cvsup files.
> Then i'll give it a go.  I doubt 3.2->3.3 should be that big or a deal.

My daily cvsup of src-all and ports takes about 6 minutes.  If I run it
again, immediately, so it doesn't actually update anything, it takes 5.
This is over a 33.6 modem, usually connectinga t a bit less.  Updating the
CVS repository from a -RELEASE cd's copy tends to take less than an hour.
CVSup will do the right thing on aborted transfers, so don't worry about
that.

David Scheidt