Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:41:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
To:        "Dr. Dieter Hartmann" <dhartma@anat.uni-kiel.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install problems FBSD 2.2.5 / Walnut Creek CD-ROM

Hello Dr. Hartmann,

I'm a little confused.  Are you installing from the CD or from a DOS
partition on your hard disk?  If you have the CD and your drive is
supported (most ATAPI(IDE) and SCSI ones are), then it's really easy to
install from the CD.  You need the boot floppy or a computer that can boot
CDs.  I have no experience installing from a DOS partition on a hard disk.
If your CD isn't supported (unlikely) then your alternative would be
copying the files from the CD (using DOS or some other O/S that supports
your CD drive) to a DOS partition and boot the install floppy and proceed.

I hope this helps.

- Peter Schwenk - schwenk@voicenet.com