Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:36:23 -0800
From:      Andrew Moran <amoran@forsythia.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   i386 EFI booting status/roadmap?

--Apple-Mail-1-851455356
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hallo!

I'm considering using one of the new intel Xserve macs for a
replacement server.   I was googling for support for booting FreeBSD
off of EFI and only found posts saying it couldn't be done, but all
of those were over 7 months old.

1)  Is it still the case that one cannot boot i386 FreeBSD on EFI (w/
o bootcamp)?
2)  Is this currently being worked on, and if so, is there a known
timeline?

Thanks for the update and hopefully I'm not asking something that has
been beaten to death.

--Andy
--Apple-Mail-1-851455356--