Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:18:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Manas Bhatt <bhatt_manas@yahoo.com>
To:        Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>, Gene Harris <geneh51@swbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hostname on /etc/hosts file

thoug i am expert on this but as far as i know, while
trying to resolve your hostname, it looks into the
/etc/hosts file and find the corresponding entry
missing and the hence host not found error.
if you can add your hostname as well as the
corresponding ip in the /etc/hosts file, the error
should go away.
--manas
--- Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>