Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:08:58 +0100
From:      Nenad Mihajlovic <nenad@venturis.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mount_smbfs performance

Hello all,

I have the smbfs performance problem while connecting to the Windows
(w2k3) share in the AD environment, wint 6.1-PRERELEASE - with the
filesystem mounted through mount_smbfs i get 300-350 kBps (kiloBytes
per sec) speed, while through the smbclient i get the speeds in excess
of 8MB/s.
Is this possible bug in mount_smbfs or just the simple misconfiguration?
I have configured the /etc/nsmb.conf file as per manual and it really
gets connected nicely but afterwards it presents me with catastrophic
results.

With respect
Nenad Mihajlovic