Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 12:55:12 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
To:        MDM <MDM+aSACODEF%Sacodefense@mcimail.com>
Cc:        Walnut Creek CDRom <support@cdrom.com>, support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation help request

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, MDM wrote:

> I have recently (yesterday) installed FreeBSD on my 486 pci computer.
> I need a clue (or 2) regarding mounting an IDE CdRom.  The CdRom, a Sony
> CSD-760E IDE 4x with an "interface" card does not appear in the initial probe
> during the boot sequence.  the wdc0 controller does appear, as do my two hard
> disks wd0 and wd1. Then the wdc1 controller appears but there is no device
> following it, i.e. wd2 or wd3, as I was expecting.

Maybe your system already has two IDE interfaces, so try removing the
CD-ROM interface card and install the CD drive as master in the second
interface. I don't think FreeBSD supports a 3rd. IDE interface.

Greetings,

|      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez          |
|  Unidad de Internet/Red Cientifico-Educativa  |
| Depto. de Procesamiento Electronico de Datos  |
| Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala -USAC- |
|e-mail: victor@usac.edu.gt,                    |
|Telefono oficina: (502)4769723 (fax/voz)       |
|                  (502)4767719 (voz)           |
|Telefono casa   : (502)4782916 (502)2891037    |