Date:      Sun, 06 Sep 2015 01:13:53 -0700
From:      Don whY <Don.whY@gmx.com>
Subject:   Mount NetBSD partition/slice

Hi,

I've pulled the media from my NetBSD systems (6.x?) before moving to
FreeBSD (9.2).  The goal was to set up FreeBSD-based appliances and
maintain them from FreeBSD *systems*.

However, I've been having a tough time getting FreeBSD to play nice
with the NetBSD media.  A bit of research indicates that there is
no support for these incompatible volume formats.

So, I can either rebuild one of more NetBSD systems and pull all
the data across a network connection.  This could be tedious as
there are 10-12 slices of significant size on each volume.  (I had
hoped to just install the drives in the FreeBSD boxen and cp(1) the
contents of the volume at bus speeds.)

Or, just rebuild the NetBSD systems and make NetBSD-based appliances
(i.e., abandon FreeBSD).

[I'm not an OS zealot; I'm just looking for something that *works*
with the least amount of wasted effort/time]

Have I missed some "trick" to coax NetBSD into *reading* these
volumes?

Thanks!
--don