Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:03:47 -0500
From:      "Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM" <tforrest@mcs.net>
To:        "kstewart@urx.com" <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What is "["?

Bah, Kent, had I not deleted it, I wouldnt have found out what a
wonderful command [ and test turned out to be!!

Thanks everyone, for your help!

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:30:30 -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:

>Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM wrote:
>>
>> Rooting around (no pun intended) my 4.0 system today I happened upon
>> a file called "[" in /bin.  Not knowing what this file was I deleted
>> it.
>>
>> Rule number one:  Dont delete that in which you do not know.  Rename
>> it.
>
>My rule number one is much less forgiving. If you don't know what it
>is, don't touch it at all.

>Kent
>
>--
>Kent Stewart
>Richland, WA

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@mcs.net
http://www.mcs.net/~tforrest
And now, its time, for some useless, bandwidth wasting words of wisdom:
Windows: From the people who brought you EDLIN!

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: E1FD 1327 D9D6 3D9A  6D5E 21CF 902D 41FC