Date:      Wed, 08 Jun 2005 23:57:49 +0900
From:      "Kent.N" <kentn@m4.dion.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   graphviz with fontconfig

Hi,

I want to use graphviz with fontconfig support,
and I tried the graphics/graphviz port.
However, through the portinstall, fontconfig is not
enabled because of lack of fontconfig-conf.
So I added following lines into the Makefile of the port,
then I could get fontconfig support:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-fontconfigincludedir=${X11BASE}/include \
                --with-fontconfiglibdir=${X11BASE}/lib

The questions are:
(1) Why graphviz's fontconfig support disabled by default?
    Is there any problem with that on FreeBSD?
(2) Editing Makefile directly doesn't seems smarter way.
    How should I do when I want to add some configure options
    using portinstall?
(3) If the above lines are suitable, I want to add them
    original Makefile of the port.
    How should I request/propose this change?
    Is it OK to contact port maintainer directly?

Thanks,

--
Kent.N <kentn@m4.dion.ne.jp>