Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:30:04 +0200
From:      universe <universe@truemetal.org>
To:        mail@krel.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cant remove files with "operation not allowed error"

try "ls -lo" to view the flags of the files to be deleted.

if it returns flags like "uunlnk", "sunlnk" or something similar (
see "man chflags") then that might be the problem.

example:

bash-2.04$ ls -lo wurst.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 universe  universe  uunlnk 12 Apr 10 22:22 wurst.txt
bash-2.04$ rm wurst.txt
rm: wurst.txt: Operation not permitted
bash-2.04$ chflags nouunlnk wurst.txt
bash-2.04$ ls -lo wurst.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 universe  universe  - 12 Apr 10 22:22 wurst.txt
bash-2.04$ rm wurst.txt

that's it. see chflags for further commands and flags.

hth,
markus