Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:24:39 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of Cavium ThunderX/ThunderX2

On 2 June 2016 at 09:02, Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com> wrote:
> Hey, everyone!
>
> I=E2=80=99ve done some searching and can=E2=80=99t seem to find anything =
recent. What=E2=80=99s the current status of the Cavium ThunderX? Is it rea=
sonably stable in -CURRENT?

Yes, it is stable in -CURRENT now (and has been for some time). There
are two ThunderX evaluation machines in the network perf test cluster
hosted at Sentex that we've been using for development and bring-up of
common infrastructure. Semihalf also has a number of ThunderX
platforms for Cavium-specific work.

Most FreeBSD features work on arm64, including DTrace and hwpmc. We
still lack official package sets, but production hardware for the main
FreeBSD cluster should arrive soon and we should start building
packages before long.