Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:19:56 -0800
From:      zanwar@orincon.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java Installation Question

Hi,

    I am new to FreeBsd world.  I have used Linux OS and done some java
programming on it.  I am having
a little hard time in making JDK work properly for FreeBSD.  I installed
Jdk1.2.2-RC4-linux-i386-glibc-2.1.2.tar and
also RC3 version.  The installation itself didn't give any problem, however
i am unable to run any Java Gui applications.
I tried to run the demo programs come with Java2 and the application just
hangs up.  If you can assist me to fix that
problem that would be great.

Thanks
Shawn