Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:58:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ian Clendaniel <vyper@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 2940/Zip

Anyone using an external scsi Zip drive with an Adaptec 2940UW
controller??

I just picked up one at a local computer show and had a scsi-3 -> scsi-1
cable laying around....doesn't work.

The scsi card sees the drive at boot and recognizes it as the 6th device.
When freebsd boots it gives the typical errors for a Zip but then has 0mb
where it usually reports 96mb.  When I type:
   mount -t msdos /dev/sd4s4 /zip
I get a media error the first time and then it says that the device is not
configured each subsequent time.

Any ideas??  Setup?  Cabling? (If it's cabling....any idea where to get an
adapter for MD68 to DB25?)

Thanks...oh, and please cc me as I'm not currently subscribed

--Ian

Ian Clendaniel
Systems Analyst
Network Operations