Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 96 09:38:48 -0500
From:      Doug Woodward <dougw@challenge.com>
To:        Swee-Chuan Khoo <sckhoo@asiapac.net>
Cc:        "isp@FreeBSD.Org" <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: telebit card to FreeBSD

-- [ From: Doug Woodward * EMC.Ver #3.1 ] --

hi,

        I have a lot ( really a lot ) of Telebit Netblazer card extra
for terminal server. I am just wondering any one got any driver for
connecting it to my P75 FreeBSD 2.1.5 machine?

        The Netblazer card actually conencted to a Intel 386  machine.

        Thanx.

+

| http://www.asiapac.net/~sckhoo/  	sckhoo@asiapac.net	        |
| tel:603-7337757  fax:603-7345577    #include <std.disclaimer>

+
"if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable
- must be the truth."

Nearly all of the boards for Telebit Netblazers, etc. are actually made
for Telebit by a company called Specialix, an English company. Their
web-site is www.specialix.com.

I use (unfortunately) use telebit products as well and was looking for
BSD drivers for their Sync boards and async board so I spoke to
specialix in Ca. (To get rid of Telebit for good)

They do have source code drivers available for the async board as they
sell it (for less $$$) on the open market. The sync board is however is
made only for Telebit and Telebit wrote their own drivers.

Be aware though, that Specialix told me Telebit changed the pinouts on
the external RS232 box that connects to their 8 port async board. Pins 6
& 20 are swapped therefore you will have to adjust the source code
driver for this. This driver is available on their web-site.