Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 03:59:28 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
Subject:   ktrace as a replacement for strace

I'm looking for a replacement for the strace program I used to use on
linux; freebsd has a port of strace, but it just hangs everytime I use
it.  It looks like the bsd version of strace would be ktrace/kdump.  I
was able to get these to print a trace of the program I ran, but it
doesn't do all the nice substatuting that strace was able to do.
Mainly, I just want the first argument of open to look like a string
instead of a 32 bit pointer that I can't read.  I'm trying to figure out
what files this program is trying to read so I can edit it's
configuration file.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C