Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:56:32 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Subject:   linux-jdk1.3.0_02 problems [Was: JDK1.1.8 segfaults]

Uhm

Replying to myself again :) Well, I installed the Sun JDK 1.3.0_02 for Linux
from the ports on a different FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE system as well, and this
time I get a warning when running java -version:

   bash-2.04$ java -version
   java version "1.3.0_02"
   Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0_02)
   Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0_02, interpreted mode)
   Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: cannot uninstall alt signal stack

This gives me a baaaaad feeling... HotSpot is not enabled, so I wonder if this
1.3.0_02 version will introduce problems that the 1.3.0 version did not have.

I will do some more testing on this baby later on. Anyone have similar
experiences? Do all demonstration programs/applets work? AWT? Swing? Threads?
:)

--
Ernst