Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:16:36 -0700
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: countdown from 31: helping with the FAQ

Cherry-picking a few:

[install-PLIP]	Has anyone used PLIP successfully on a =
currently-supported version of FreeBSD? (or any version since 4.x?) The =
last I remember hearing about it was Julian Stacey saying it didn't work =
in 2007. JHB has made

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2007-June/020820.html
=
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-December/081123.ht=
ml

I think I still have a laplink cable but I don't think I've used it =
since the 90's. That said, it was a nice feature, especially before =
CD's, USB and standard (or any) Ethernet interfaces were ubiquitous on =
laptops.

If it works at all the FAQ should be fine; if it doesn't the docs should =
be updated to either remove the FAQ or include a caveat.

[win95-connection] This is a bit dated but fine. The natd Handbook page =
could maybe reference other ways of doing NAT besides natd--e.g. using =
pf or ipfw. The IPFW Handbook page could be updated and simplified to =
include e.g. "firewall_nat_enable" instead of using divert/natd.

[nfs-linux] Looks fine. Possibly less of an issue than it used to be but =
I do remember encountering that issue.

[bpf-not-configured] Looks fine.

[icmp-response-bw-limit] Looks fine, the sysctls haven't changed.

JN