Date:      Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:50:53 +0100
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        George Katsanos <gkatsanos@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: KDE Konqueror:Can i have konqueror without KDEstuff port

George Katsanos wrote:

>KDE is a huge package , and if you're trying to portupgrade to p3 550 that's
>a hard thing to do.3 days now! :-(
>I just want konqueror , is there any way [or do you know the exact port]
>that will save me from installing kde base , kde , kdelibs and zillions of
>kde stuff [which I hate] at my computer?
>
>Also , when I start konqueror 'kdeinit' is run also ! 3 instances of it.any
>way of avoiding that?
>

>Thanks

I sometimes use Konqueror when as 'explorer-clone'. And as well as you I
didn't realy like the hell of KDE pakages on my system, so I deinstalled
the useless KDE stuff.I think this will be the least possible packages
running Konqueror without stripping the packages itself:

frank@Riza$ pkg_info | grep kde
kdebase-3.4.2_2 Basic applications for the KDE system
kdebase-kompmgr-3.4.2 Utility needed to enable XComposite support in KDE
kdehier-1.0_8 Utility port which installs a hierarchy of shared KDE direc
kdelibs-3.4.2_1 Base set of libraries needed by KDE programs

That's all you need for Konqueror and the Graphical Editor I frequently
use: KATE

Good Luck

--
-Frank Staals