Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 02:34:57 +0100
From:      Pascal Giannakakis <capm@gmx.net>
To:        quaxxx@tiscalinet.it
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: removing debugging options

Nicolao Renč schrieb:
> Hi I've just upgraded to FreeBSD-Stable, the UPDATING file says that
> many debugging options are enabled. But how do I remove them? thanks.

One way would be to compile your own kernel:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html
(choose procedure 2 when building).

In your custom kernel-conf change this:

----
#To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints
#hints          "GENERIC.hints"         #Default places to look for devices.

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug
symbols
----

uncomment makeoptions and symbols. I dont know for Userland though, sorry.