Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:22:58 -0600
From:      RichardH <richardh@wsonline.net>
To:        Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>, bc3910@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: Boot Manager Conversion

I had it tri booting off one HDD and then I set it up so I was booting
Win98/Slack off Pri master, cd-rom pri slave, Slack second master so it is
possible. As I said I do not remember the exact lilo entries, I do remember
it took me almost 2 weeks to get it to boot all 3. Don't set up any boot
record for the FBSD drive and then tell lilo to look in that drive for the
kernel image (again I don't remember if I set up a boot partition/ boot
sector on the BSD disk), I just know for a fact it can be done. I do not
have any systems set up now that will run win98 so cannot set it up again
and tell you how to do it, your just going to have to play with it unless
someone here is tri-booting and just hasn't seen the thread yet. If you can
tell me how to get win98 to recognize 1.5 GB of RAM on a system I may be
able to set up a system and do it again sometime within the next few weeks.
Here are some links to tri-boot info, they should help you get it going,
might take a weekend of frustration but it's pretty cool once it runs
right. Just remember MS has to be "first" as is their pattern in everything :-)
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1323/sam0110b/0110b.htm
http://linux.geodsoft.com/howto/dualboot/manyboot.htm#triple
http://pub53.ezboard.com/buhelpcanhelpforum (you need to join but they have
a lot of people who do this). Also join the list
linux-help@aclug.org list or read through the archives at
http://arch.freeciv.org/ (linux-help archive). I believe it tells you
somewhere in there how to do it. You can probably just join the list,
someone has a page somewhere stepping it out exactly I just cannot locate
the link anymore.
Richard H