Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:38:14 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Corey Holcomb-Hockin <crsntlvs@ipeg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fxtv crash

Corey Holcomb-Hockin wrote:

> soralx@cydem.zp.ua wrote:
>
> >>mga(0): [drm] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI
> >>error message when I startx.
> >>

> >'dri' works well for me (about 550fps in `glxgears`;
> >X11 from ports, WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER)
> >`mgapdesk` coredumps for some reason, though
> >also, 'dri' doesn't want to work under linux emu
> >`/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin/glxinfo` crashes the X-server,
> >and `/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin/gears` says that
> >"/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin/gears: relocation error:
> >/lib/libglut.so.3: undefined symbol: XmuLookupStandardColormap"
> >(probably because 'dri-devel' and 'linux_dri' versions don't match
> >in ports)

Do you have the old XFree3 glx stuff still installed?  If so, you're
server will crash whenever you use GL stuff.

I've actually managed to get GL working under both FreeBSD and
through the Linuxulator on my G200 by installing XFree 4 with
the Matrox HAL support, the AGP kernel module, and linux_dri.

I was playing Quake 3 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein demos earlier
today.  Surprising how much spunk that old G200 has.

I have a Soltek SL75DRV2 Motherboard with an Athlon 1700XP.  The
Soltek board uses the Via chipset, so if there were motherboard
issues I'd expect to have them.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer