Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:43:58 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Luc Morin <luc_m@videotron.ca>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange message from pkg_info

I had the same problem. I was missing the pkg directory, once I created it and
hand-made .mkversion I stopped getting that. Though I still don't know why it
was trying to cd to a file.

-Brandon

Luc Morin wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I updated my system on april 12, and I just noticed today that when I
> query packages with pkg_info -a, I get the following message just before
> the pkg information is printed:
>
> pkg_info: can't change directory to '/var/db/pkg/.mkversion'!
>
> isn't .mkversion just a regular file ?
>
> Any thoughts on this ?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Luc Morin    <luc_m@videotron.ca>
> Electrical Engineering Technologist

bfoz@starfleet.umd.edu
"In life there are those who steer, and those who push"
"I'm not impatient, the world is too slow"
"Life is short, so have fun, play hard, and leave a good looking corpse"