Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:36:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ports/29720 and file locations

I think I can explain the problem with this PR as well as some other
weirdness in gnome.  Last night I did a big gnome upgrade on my
4.3-RELEASE machine.  I noticed that while the pkg-plist files point to
files in share/gnome, most files are put in share.

For example, bonobo needs to install its idls in
/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/idl (this is what the build for gnomedb expects).
However, it puts the IDLs in /usr/X11R6/share/idl.  This breaks the
gnomedb build.  Similar problems occur in ports like oaf, galeon, and
nautilus.  In fact, after doing some file moving, I was able to get
further in nautilus than I ever was before.

This still didn't fix my aforementioned gdm problem, however.  I thought
I'd report this before 4.4-RELEASE.

Joe Clarke