Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 1997 01:43:38 +0100
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@demon.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: EISA cards.

Steve Passe writes:

>again, I'm NOT eliminating EISA hardware, just NON bus-mastering EISA cards
>that do DMA via the chipset DMA registers.  So far no one has reported using
>such beasts...

Yep, I understand that :)

Just wanted to make absolutely certain that the proposed changes don't
ge somewhat out of hand and end up losing EISA completely (much as
we'd all *like* it to go :)

On a related note, can someone explain to a PC-hardware ignoramus
(ie, me :) why no-one makes completely PCI-based motherboards, say
with 7 or 8 slots?  [perhaps this question should move over to
-hackers?]

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Demon Internet Ltd.