Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:04:03 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Sun Managers <sun-managers@ra.mcs.anl.gov>
Subject:   Compaq Opinions ...

Over the years, most of what I hear about them in terms of Unix has
appeared bad.  A pain to configure, etc...

My preference has been, and still is, systems built up from ASUS
motherboards and things *I* consider to be "tried and true" hardware (ie.
Adaptec SCSI controllers)..

Anyone have any opinions on Compaq, positive and negative, that they are
willing to make?  Am I wrong?  Is Compaq *worth* the cost difference?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org