Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 08:45:17 EST
From:      "ASST. DIR. OF ACADEMIC COMPUTING" <rgallini@cornerstone.edu>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Multiple Etherenet cards

I am attempting to setup a machine with two Ethernet cards that will run
Netscape's Proxy server and act as the firewall for our NT-based, PC network.

We've installed BSD with no problems, but it only identifies ep0 as the first
3Com ethernet card.  I can go into the kernel config routine and change the
address and IRQ to the other card, and it will use it just as if it were the
first card.  The boot screen even identifies two network cards.

How do I get BSD to establish ep1?

Thanks,
Robert A. Gallini		Asst. Dir. of Academic Computing
RGALLIN@CORNERSTONE.EDU		Cornerstone College
(616) 285-1544			1001. E. Beltline
Voicebox=1211			Grand Rapids, MI. 49505-5897