Date:      04 Sep 1998 15:35:59 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        Scott Smyth <smyth@bashful.realminfo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-3.0 CAM development tree, kernel problems

"Scott" == Scott Smyth <smyth@bashful.realminfo.com> writes:

First, -questions is the wrong group.  This question relates to
-current, so belongs there.

> I am having trouble booting a kernel made from the latest CAM
> development tree.  After the standard kernel message:

> 	"changing root to wd1s1a"

> I get a Fatal Trap 12:

This looks a lot like the problem I was having.  Check your disk
label, and make sure it is labeled as a SCSI device.

Check your kernel config file to ensure you are setting root to the
correct CAM device (mine is da0s1a).

Good luck!

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;