Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:06:29 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installing DHCP on FreeBSD 2.2.5

John,

From the errors you posted, it looks like you installed dhcp from a 3.x
package.

If you want to stay with 2.2.x, you'll need to build dhcp from source and
try again.

As for upgrading to 3.x, this is your call.  If you're happy with your
system, then leave it be.  Though I would reccomend that you move up to
2.2.8-STABLE and update your ports collection before re-trying dhcp.

-Troy