Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 06:44:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
To:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cursing the sky (was: Commerical applications ...)

Sorry,

I despise Win95 so much that I don't even consider it in my ramblings.
Almost all my refereces are to win 3.0 and 3.1. I've installed over 150
systems with 3.1 (standalone machines) and it is quite simple once you
understand it (which the average person is capable of - especially with
all the books available). Hell, I just set up a 70 year old retired guy
and his wife with 3.1 and all I have to do is say (over the phone) just
click here, then here and type this. TRY THIS WITH X!

Inside of one week he is producing letters setting up databases and
connecting to the web. If I handed him a FreeBSD (or any other free Unix)
CD he shoot his machine inside of that week and go off to Tahiti to sun on
the beach.

No Software is easy to a newbie - it's just that Billy boy promises shit
and at least delivers half a sack.

 On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Wes Peters wrote:
> You must be.  After spending two nights trying to get Win$%&(@#95 to
> recognize a PCI ethernet controller that FreeBSD probes with no
> problems, I'm ready to take the disk out and hit it with a hammer.  Or
> better yet, just over that pile of BullBits(tm) with FreeBSD.  Microsoft
> has, in this as in all things, made a lot of promises they do not live
> up to.  Plug and play my bloody ass!

Keith
keithl@wakko.gil.net
Character is what you are in the dark - John Warfin