Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:35:12 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: receiving mail directly

On 10 Aug 98, at 9:46, Greg Lehey wrote:

> Other have said "fetchmail", which runs on SMTP.  That would be my
> preference.

Well, first I tried the port.  That failed because I didn't have python.
So I tried python.  That failed because I didn't have Tk (whatever that
is).

So I tried the package.  Well, I've got that, untarred it.  Now what do I
do with it?  Where do I find the instructions which tell me what to do?

This is why I like compiling a port [when it works].

--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited