Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:12:18 +0300
From:      Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Panic when detaching Vodafone 3G card

Hi,

Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just acquired one of these cards, it attaches as a USB cardbus device.
I have similar problems with Huawei E630, and not just me
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-June/073405.html
Panics are fixed with usb4bsd ... :)
I didn't find time to get the card actually working and receive a lot of
those:
ubsa_cfg_request: device request failed, err=USBD_ERR_STALLED (ignored)

> This is just to say that I can reproduce the problem described here:
>    http://www.rinta-aho.org/docs/option3g/option.html
>
> The driver support was originally committed here:
>    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112161&cat=
>
> ...the ubsa driver attaches to the virtual modem port.
>
> If I unplug it, the kernel panics.
>
> The panic is in kobj_delete() (a null pointer reference) and it's on
> the usb detach path. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a backtrace
> this time around.
>
> PS Does anybody know if ubsa will be ported to the new USB driver
> framework?
I think it is because ubsa works with usb4bsd and it's basically the same?