Date:      Thu, 09 May 2002 12:52:17 +0300
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        <chris@aims.com.au>, <znerd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, <glewis@freebsd.org>, <kde@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] RE: ports/37881: x11-toolkits/qt30 headers stop java/jdk13 plugin from building

At 12:38 09/05/2002, Chris Knight wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I think kde@freebsd.org should be cc'ed in on this as well - having
>header files with the same name as mozilla headers, but higher up
>the directory hierarchy, that simply generate errors does not sound
>like an overly smart thing to do.

So which should take priority, Qt3 headers, or Mozilla headers?

>Thinking about it, qt3 probably should have a dependency on
>www/mozilla-headers - then there wouldn't be a need to install at
>least five useless header files.

No, it would mean that people who want Qt3 and not Mozilla would have to
install much more unwanted (I'm not saying useless) stuff.

And, for those who build from ports, that's a huge increase in download
times, because mozilla-headers gets the full mozilla source, from what I
remember.

I'm not wanting to start a holy war of any kind here, I'd like to find a
solution that suits everyone. The one you propose won't do that.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett
andy@athame.co.uk