Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 14:55:10 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Audio support [was Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!]

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

> Actually, I'm sad to say that our shiny new sound system does *not*
> work for some of the most popular audio chipsets on the market today
> (where the older "luigi" sound system did support them) and this is a
> matter of significant concern to some folks, myself included.

The recent commits made existing support even worse. Yes, I'm talking
about the ESS1888. It's more dead than before. I'll have to make the
noise myself these days, and I can tell you it's no opera :-)

In short: Gimme patches! I'll be happy to test and, in a spare hour, can
even do some trial and error on my own. I'm not going to beg...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/