Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:30:46 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        William Richard <wdr@tdl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: moving to XFree86-4

| indicate bad programmer.  It's when you get these errors in programs
| that are known to work consistently on everyone else's machines (make
| buildworld on -STABLE, for instance, with no obvious complaints on the
| freebsd-stable list) that you should consider bad hardware.

Well, unless there was a subtle config problem I am unaware of.  I saw a
line in the log complaining about an illegal x86 extended instruction, but
the program kept running.  It died before opening a display.

| (Finally, after reading every one else's posts about how XFree86-4
| works flawlessly on their machines, let me indulge in a degree of
| schadenfraude...

Sorry, but what is 'schadenfraude'?

jm
--
"Investigators have discovered the cause of the TWA 800 explosion
was a frayed wire.  The wire became frayed when it was struck