Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:12:31 -0500
From:      Kaleb Keithley <kaleb@ics.com>

I'm trying to set up the Columbia AppleTalk stuff on my 3.0-RELEASE machine.
Mainly I want to run aufs so that the Mac can use some of the disk on my
FreeBSD box.

I have NETATALK and bpf enabled in the kernel.

I'm curious about this comment in the uar README, which says:

    Notes for FreeBSD 2.0 users:

    There appears to be an error in the ethernet driver (at least in the
    ed0 version) which causes the IEEE 802.3 length bytes to be reversed.

Is there any truth to this? I am using the ed driver for my NIC. I've
looked at if_ed.c, but not knowing what to look for means I'm at a loss.

With 802.3 disabled on the Mac I can ping the Mac just fine (and the Mac
works fine) but as soon as I enable 802.3, when I ping the Mac, ping
reports "sendto: Host is down". Thoughts?

--

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY