Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:02:53 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   GDM sessions....

Hello,

I am toying with GDM a bit.  And am having some difficulties configuring
it the way I want.  I had looked at the FreeBSD/GNOME handbook and found
no mention of places for 'support' (mailing-lists, irc, etc).  I was
hoping someone could point me towards a good source of info.

Should anyone be interested in the problem at hand:
I have GDM installed and working.  I *do not* have gnome installed.  I
was hoping GDM would do as XDM and just run my .xsession.  But it does
not.  I would simply like it to be an XDM replacement.  I've googled a
bit and not found the answer.  I did find a reference to creating a
.xprofile file.  I copied my .xsession file to .xprofile, and it at
first appeared to be exactly what I wanted.... except... when I exit my
windowmanager (hoping to logout), I was then sent to a twm session.  I
must exit the twm session to get returned back to GDM.  Any tips would
be appreciated.

--
Regards,
Eric