Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:15:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        didier@omnix.fr.org
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uucp

According to didier@omnix.fr.org:

> On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to send a mail via uucp in the course of testing my
> > uucp setup.
> >
> > I have in sendmail.cf:
> >
> > ##################
> > #   local info   #
> > ##################
> >
> > Cwlocalhost
> >

> > CP.
> >
> > # UUCP relay host
> > DYlocalhost
> > CPUUCP
> >
> > (The machine I'm testing it on is a leaf in the tree and dials into
> > agate which is on the Internet.
> >
> > So I do a
> >
> > mail agate\!kuku
> >
> > and get
> > escunix# mailq
> >                 Mail Queue (6 requests)
> > --Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
> > SAA03891        5 Thu Jan 18 18:03 root
> >                  (Deferred: Name server: agate.uucp.: host name lookup failure)
> >                                    agate!kuku
> >

> > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > I have /etc/uucp/sys
> >
> > uuname -l
> > escunix
> >
> > uuname
> > agate
> >

> > --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
> >

> is you uucp machine connected to a smart host ?
> I've had to rewrite a configuration file to use uucp
> I used /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf to build a .mc file.
> do you want my .mc file ?
>
> --
> Didier Derny            | My computer is Microsoft Free and Bug Free
> didier@aida.org         | I'm running FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE

	Hello.

	I have roughly the same situation:: my home (FBSD) system
	is linked via ppp (parttime) and by uucp (otherwise)
	to work (tera.com).

	I'd like to be able to automatically send/receive mail
	over my ppp link when it is up; otherwise, have it go
	across by uucp.   ---Last Friday I sent mail to the
	documentation group at freebsd.org and have no idea
	what happened to it... .

	In my sendfile.cf I _do_ have tera as my smarthost, BTW.
	So mail does go out... I believe.   On my other//old platform
	I used smail3.1.28, which became a little less obscure--
	finally.  sendmail is a whole 'nother story!    :-|

	Help, tips very welcome.

	gary kline