Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:23:16 +0000
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: keyboard, mouse & monitor emulation

Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Christopher Raven wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I am looking at the Keyzone multi port devices - these allow a single
> > keyboard, mouse & monitor to control multiple machines.
> >
> > My question is this - the mechanical switcher is much, much cheaper
> > than the auto switcher (4 ports @ (U.K.) £96 not 4 @ £595) but the
> > manufacturer says that servers may have problems on the mechanical
> > because only one machine at a time sees the mouse, kboard, etc. and so
> > may return errors.
> >
> > Q. Would FreeBSD stable 2.2.5 care or would it not complain once I had
> > the server up and "removed" the mouse, etc. ?

I've been using a mechanical switch with FreeBSD -stable on several
boxen just fine for over a year now.  However, having used a mechanical
switch, I now want to move up in the world and replace it with an
electronic switcher.  The mechanical one, while it does work, does
worry me with regard to the stress to system hardware everytime the
switch position is changed.

Aaron out.