Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 20:01:14 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        ZorkLord <zorklord@xtreme.net.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What version?

If you are running a business you may
want 2.2.8 , but from what I have read so far no big
problems have arisen in 3.0 release.  If its for
home use definetly get 3.0.  IMHO the statement
by the FreeBSD team about 3.0 realease was/is a CYA thing
just in case a major bug crops up after mass distribution
that their year or more testing/developement did not catch.
For me 3.0 has been working great. I have not heard any
complaints from others as of yet and I will be surprised
if I do. If your worried about fixes to 3.0 after the
initial release check out.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/

There aren't many and minor at that...

At 10:50 PM 12/10/97 +1100, you wrote:
>FreeBSD,
>
>        Sorry, me again.  I decided to buy the CD from Walnut Creek,
>        do I want Version 2.2.8 or 3.0??
>

>        -zL zorklord@xtreme.net.au

                    \|/
                   (@ @)