Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:16:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      jacob rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   modern (usb) webcam support?

My searches for information on webcam have not found much, except for some
sites which say FreeBSD does not support USB web cameras.

Is anyone currently working on support for this? Does anyone have any
ideas about where one could go to get information about where to start
if one was to start writing a driver?

(I am about to buy a webcam for use in windows, it would be nice if I
 could choose a webcam which someone is either writing a driver for
 or knows where i coudl get information on them so that I could
 try and write one).

Any info appreciated!

 - jacob