Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 03:12:25 -0800
From:      Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   noise from speaker...

Hello,

I finally configured my FreeBSD box with sound!!!  I have Ensoniq
AudioPCI (ES1371 chip) and I configured it by simply adding "device
pcm0" into my kernel configuration file and making snd1 by "sh MAKEDEV
snd1"

Well, I can listen to MP3 now but sound quality is not so good.  I hear
some static noises and sound quality is not so great in general.  Is
there anyway to make it better?  (in kernel config file maybe?)

I also tried "mixer" to change values (bass and tremble is set to 0:0)
but when I tried "mixer bass 64:64" it says it has set bass and when I
check with "mixer bass", it displays that bass is set to 0:0.

I'd appreciate any advise.  Thank you and sorry if I was rambling.
(very sleepy...)

Thank you.

Joe