Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:23:12 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <lists@wm-access.no>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems stopping pptp...

Sten Daniel Sørsdal wrote:
> Eric Schuele wrote:
>
>>   Alt Shift V closes the connection
>>      sudo killall -TERM ppp
>

> Have you ever tried -HUP (Hangup) ?

Thank you for responding.  Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I was
out of town.

Yes, I have tried it... same result.

Seems to me I must be doing things wrong here.  And oddly, no one has
responded with a solution.  Odd in the sense that I would assume I am
not the only one to ever have to stop a VPN connection.  I had figured
this to be a no brainer and that someone would immediately set me straight.

All the docs/web pages/mail archives I can find all discuss starting the
VPN...nothing mentions stopping.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I
found a one entry that said to control-C it and another that said to
send it a -TERM.  both however produce .core on my machine.

Something must be wrong. Just hoping someone can point it out.

-Eric