Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 12:24:11 -0700
From:      Simon Voigt <simon@pactel.com.au>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7880 Onboard SCSI Controller

Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Simon Voigt wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of shopping for an intel machine to run
> > FreeBSD on.  Does FreeBSD fully support the
> > Adaptec 7880 Onboard SCSI Controller? I can't find a
> > mention of it on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook9.html#9
> > I can only find a reference to a 7850.
>
> Yes -- the AIC7880 is the guts of a 2940UW.

ok, whats the deal with the Adaptec 7890 Onboard SCSI Controller?
I missed the original post. I saw that some others are having
trouble.  The version of freebsd that Ive dunped on a spare hard
disk for installation on the new server when it arrives is
2.2.6 .

The machine is going to be (most likely) a pentium II 400
on an Intel 100MHz 440BX AGPset  AususTek P2B-s motherboard.

Am I going to have trouble, or should I specify a slighty older
motherboard and onboard controller?

Simon Voigt: System Administrator, Webmaster, Helpline-----
Pacific Teleservices.....+61 3 96961667  fax +61 3 96961627
voice mail helpline Melbourne: 9690 5771-------------------
outside Melbourne: 1800 801 681----------------------------