Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:43:06 -0600
From:      Michael Martin <mgmartin@comcast.net>
To:        ken <ken@tydfam.jp>
Cc:        Thomas.Gellekum@gmx.de, gecko@freebsd.org, decke@freebsd.org, freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade eclipse-devel to 3.6.1

On 11/02/2010 19:19, ken wrote:
>    Thank you for information.
>    Yes, the plugin I installed is Red Hat's jboss tools, maybe some of them calls xulrunner from inside.  I do not need to run all of those jboss tools, but I do not want eclipse to die when I install jboss tools - it dumps core and dies at startup after I installed jboss tools.  I expect that it gently ignore that particular function, and not die.
>    I also noticed that installing "Subversive SVN JDT Ignore Extensions (Optional)" and "Subversive SVN Team Provider (Incubation)" from helios site to enable svn forces eclipse-devel to die with dumping core.
>
>    I expect eclipse-devel not to die with any plugins.
If you're trying to use JBoss Developer Studio (
http://www.jboss.com/products/devstudio/ ), you may be better off
running the linux version with binary compatibility under bsd.  I know
at least Eclipse 3.6 runs fine here, but you could run into other issues
with embedded browser support here too ).  JBoss Developer Studio is
proprietary, so I don't know if they release source code for their
plugins or not.  It also looks like they only support Eclipse 3.5.

I did install all the JBoss Tools ( http://www.jboss.org/tools ) for
eclipse 3.6 successfully under the eclipse-devel 3.6 port.  I'm not
familiar with these tools, but every plugin installed fine.  I first
added the helios update site and then the 3.6 JBoss Tools update site.
I then installed xulrunner by itself which added several other jboss
update sites.  Finally, I selected the "All JBoss Tools 3.2.0" check box
to install all the plugins and checked "Contact all update sites during
install to find required software".  These plugins may be an alternative
option for you if you're using JBoss Developer Studio.

I've been using the subversion plugin too without issues under
eclipse-devel 3.6.

It may help to start with a clean workspace folder and a clean
~/.eclipse folder to make sure you don't have any old/plugins or config
files causing issues as you try to get plugins installed.

mm